WordPress has this amazing multi-leveled system that lets you tailor your degree of participation.
|1. PUBLIC VIEWER||CHATROOM status:||not available||my chosen restriction|
|2. PASSWORD VIEWER||CHATROOM status:||not available||my chosen restriction|
|3. PRIVATE VIEWER||new posts NOT notified||ROLE:|
|– plus above ||new posts notified||via eMial||ROLE:|
|– plus above ||new posts notified||via WordPress||ROLE:|
|– plus above ||new posts notified||via both above||ROLE:|
|7. PRIVATE VIEWER & CONTRIBUTOR||added ROLE:|
[POSTS are Moderated]
|8. PRIVATE VIEWER & AUTHOR||added ROLE:|
[Free to Post]
There is a low key option, very much like Facebook. Choose level #3 – you will be Viewing without constant notifications to your WP Name or to your eMail account. Its less messages than currently hitting your Facebook Newsfeed notification queue.
WordPress has an even better level of access than Facebook. Those who wish to have a direct voice in the Chatroom, above being reactive to my posts, a Commentator, can be given Author status and post their own content. Give me a heads up if you wish to collaborate with me.
MORE DETAILED DISCRIPTIONS OF THE ABOVE ACCESS LEVELS
3. PRIVATE VIEWER/COMMENTATOR
[on existing Posts only]
- when the system asks, you put in your WordPress Name
- if you don’t have a WP Name, the system will guide you through getting one
- you will get a request from me for your eMail Address; even your Name
- weird – it’s not – your WP Name may be an Alias Names which I didn’t recognize
- when I get your response, I approve your request to join in the conversation
4. above #3 plus, FOLLOWER via eMAIL – you get eMAIL notifications of new Posts. You’re still only viewing and commenting on existing Posts.
5. above #3 plus, FOLLOWER via WORDPRESS – you get WP notifications of new Posts. You’re still only viewing and commenting on existing Posts.
6. above #3 plus, and both of the above – you get WP notifications of new Posts. You’re still only viewing and commenting on existing Posts.
[WRITE your own New Posts in the Chatroom]
Note: At this level of interaction, your posts go into a queue for my review and publishing into the Chatroom. No disrespect intended at this level; its WordPress giving folks like us the ability to invite people new to us to participate while we get to know them better.
- respond to an eMail Invitation from me to contribute new Posts
- you are welcome to ask to be a Contributor also, using my built in Contact/Messaging Form
- when I get messages requesting Contributor, the WP system requires I send you a formal invitation
- when you get the Invitation from me, affirmatively respond to it and the system sets you up
- at this point the Chatroom adds an area at the top of the page for easy posting
Note 1 : The Chatroom is built on top of the WordPress user platform which means that with a WP Name you can use their native publishing tools, in addition to the QUICK POST area at the top of the Chatroom.
Note 2 : At this level the WP Notification system lets you know when changes to the platform/app are made. I don’t expect to be making tons of updates, so don’t expect a high volume of notifications.
[WRITE and DIRECTLY PUBLISH your own new Posts]
- like the above Contributor level, the WP system requires that I send you a formal invitation to participate at this level.
- When you get it, affirmatively respond and the WP System should automatically give you Author level access within a few minutes.
- If the WP System doesn’t respond properly within 5 minutes or so, then please send me a note using the Contact/Messaging Form.
9. EDITOR – basically this level is what most systems call a chatroom MODERATOR, but a more powerful one. At this level the Moderator is able to edit all Posts, as well as take them down.
Note: Dawne, my wife, will be at this level and able to act in my stead.